Heather Kimmel, General Counsel for the UCC will be with us on Friday, January 12 for the following workshops. Please RSVP asap to reserve your spot in the trainings.
Coffee and fellowship 9 a.m.; workshop begins at 10 a.m.
Identifying, Protecting, and Using Intellectual Property (Friday morning)
- Does your church have trademarks that need to be protected?
- Who owns the copyright to the sermons that your pastor gives?
- Does your church need a copyright license to perform songs outside of worship?
- Is “citing your source” sufficient to avoid liability under the U.S. Copyright Act? (Hint: NO!)
Confidentiality and Mandatory Reporting for Clergy (Friday afternoon)
- Do you know what information clergy may be required to share that has been obtained in carrying out ministerial responsibilities?
- Do you know the difference between a secret, a confidence, and a privileged communication?
Learn the answers to all of these questions and more in a presentation by Heather E. Kimmel, General Counsel for the United Church of Christ
Lunch is provided in between the workshops. Plan to enjoy one another’s company!
RSVP to Bill Lyons at email@example.com.