A message from Allen Gjersvig, Director Navigator & Enrollment Services Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers:
With a $100,000,000 cut in advertising for Healthcare.gov, we need all the help we can find to inform consumers.
Please see the [message below] for the FACTS.
In spite of all the political smoke about cutting off Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) payments and repealing the Affordable Care Act, NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN ARIZONA.
Now is the time to inform your members/community.
- If you want to post a short video, this link is to a 1,2,3 approach to the upcoming enrollment period. http://www.abc15.com/news/let-joe-know/will-you-have-healthcare-in-2018- If you post it, please add this call to action in your post. For local help, call 800.377.3536 or go to www.coveraz.org/connector to make an appointment with a trained and certified application counselor. Bi-lingual services are available.
If you want to post a meme, go to 2017 Outreach & Enrollment for a library that will be updates frequently. This is a link to a google drive so you will most likely need to sign-on to google; or go to the Facebook page for Cover AZ: https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=coveraz or AACHC: https://www.facebook.com/AZAllianceCHCs/ and share a post.
- Sample Email Messages below.
Affordable healthcare shouldn’t be so confusing and difficult to understand. Because of misleading and contradictory news reports I am providing just a few important facts to help you, your family and friends.
- If you do not have insurance the ENROLLEMENT PERIOD for the health insurance Marketplace begins on November 1 and ends on December 15. Time is short, don’t wait.
- For free help from local nonprofit groups and their certified application counselors, call 800.377.3536 or go to www.coveraz.org/connector to make an appointment across Arizona.
- Most people who shop the Marketplace are eligible for financial help to make insurance more affordable. Many people qualify for expanded AHCCCS and more than 8 out of 10 people get financial assistance when shopping in the Marketplace. Most people can get a plan for under $100 a month. You don’t have to know what you may qualify for, that’s what application counselors do, they help you navigate AHCCCS, KidsCare and the Marketplace.
No one should go without health insurance, you don’t know what you are eligible for, until you try.
Let’s Cut through the Confusion: What You Need to Know to get Enrolled in 2018:
- The 2018 only enrollment period starts November 1 and ends December 15. That’s right, open enrollment is shorter this year, and the final deadline to enroll in coverage is December 15 for most states. Make a plan to enroll early and avoid the deadline rush! Go to HealthCare.Gov to sign up for coverage.
- New plans and prices are available each year, and plans may be more affordable than you think. Eight in 10 marketplace shoppers can qualify for a plan for $100/month or less.
- Re-enrolling? Shop and save! It’s more important than ever to shop around. You may be eligible for additional savings, so make sure to log into your account, update your information, compare plans and pick the plan that’s right for you.
- Free, local help is available. Click here to make an appointment for free in person help enrolling in coverage in your area.
Please note the Click here link takes you the same Connector as coveraz.org/connector. This one looks different and may be appropriate for people who live in other states. Either Connector will get you to AZ by entering the appropriate zip code.
Thanks for your help and please contact me if you have questions. Please direct consumers to 800.377.3536.