The UCC Scouting Working Group is seeking qualified persons to serve as Chaplains for the 2017 Boy Scouts of America Jamboree. This is a great opportunity to serve young people and provide an important witness and pastoral presence for the inclusive, extravagant welcome of the United Church of Christ.
Interested persons must be:
- An Authorized Minister in good standing with the UCC,
- Registered (or become registered) as an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America, and
- Willing to serve young people and participate in a fun, meaningful and challenging event.
UCC Chaplains have the responsibility to:
- Participate in an online Chaplaincy Training/Orientation,
- Follow the guidelines of the BSA National Jamboree,
- Wear prescribed BSA uniforms, and
- Pay their own registration fees and travel costs.
(We are seeking ways to help those who need financial assistance.)
Find out more about being on staff at the 2017 National Boy Scout Jamboree at:
http://www.summitbsa.org/events/jamboree/overview/ and click on Staff Volunteers
If you’re interested in or have questions about being a UCC BSA Chaplain, contact Rev. Lev Reynolds at LeveringR@aol.com. Lev has been a National Staff Chaplain at three Jamborees and serves on the Chaplains Sub-Committee of the national BSA Religious Relationships Committee.