These items are curated from newsletters we receive from the SWC churches.
Our churches have voracious readers! Here are more books that are being read in groups around the Conference:
- "Behold the Dreamers". By Imbolo Mbue (The Good Shepherd, Sahuarita)
- "Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption" by Ryan Stevenson (Santa Fe)
- "Bad Faith" by Aimee and David Thurlo ( Church of the Good Shepherd, Alb)
- "Bible Women: All their words and why they matter" by Lindsey Freeman (Desert Palm)
Odds 'n' Ends
- In response to their ministry on the border, The Good Shepherd UCC in Sahuarita offers Spanish classes to its members including Beginning, Intermediate, and Conversational. Then the students can participate in an annual mission trip to Mexico.
- United Church of Santa Fe hosts a weekly gathering of artists to share and learn with/from each other.
- United Church of Sun City recently let its members know about the National Friendship Line for seniors who can call once a day for social interaction or to ask medical questions. The Friendship Line is sponsored by the Institute of Aging and is free to callers. 1-800-971-0016
- United Church of Angel Fire has two social groups that get together each month: the Romeos (Retired Old Men Eating Out) and the Juliets (Just Us Ladies Indulgently Eating Together).
- Every month, members of Church of the Painted Hills makes sandwiches at Casa Maria in Tucson. This month, 557 sandwiches were made.
(from Congregational Church of the Valley)
ICNEV Interfaith Dinner, Jan 28th, 5 PM, 12125 E Via Linda, Scottsdale
"Similarities between Abrahamic Religions" by speaker Ustashi Ali Ataie, a teacher and scholar in Islamic Sciences