First Church UCC
1407 N. 2nd St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Church Office Coordinator Position
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Purpose / Position Summary: To serve the church by providing administrative, bookkeeping and secretarial services to the pastoral staff and collaborate with maintenance staff and volunteers involved in this ministry.
Classification: Part Time Hourly (25 hours per week)
Essential Functions Job Responsibilities
CLERICAL – including but not limited to:
- Prepare worship bulletins and slides, including wedding and funeral bulletins
- Prepare bulk mailings when necessary
- Provide clerical assistance to Church staff and lay readers
- Order church/office supplies as needed
- Assist in coordinating and supervising office volunteers
- Assist members and visitors by phone or email as needed
- Process Safe Church background & fingerprint checks for applicants
- Help prepare reports for Admin and Executive Teams
- Compile annual congregational reports
ADMINISTRATIVE – included but not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of office projects done with volunteers.
- Coordinate custodian(s) in conjunction with Sacred Space team
- Coordination of church calendar, including facility use by groups both inside and outside the church
BOOKKEEPING – included but not limited to:
- Prepare quarterly pledge statements for all pledges and yearly statements for all contributors.
- Enter all invoices submitted for payment, submit to Treasurer for approval, cut checks &/or process payables through online banking. Create invoices and track receivables for outside users of the facility.
- Prepare monthly reports for the church Administration Team and individual Ministry Teams as requested
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Position Qualifications / Job Requirement:
Minimum Qualifications: Experience in business or a related field.
- Knowledge and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Knowledge of computer systems, including word processing, electronic communication software, membership software, and financial reporting and accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Normal Hours of Work:
Normal work week is 25 hours per week; hours are flexible based upon the needs of the church.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Team.
Rate of pay:
$15-$18 per hour, DOE
- 1 hour of vested sick leave for every 30 hours worked
- 6 paid holidays - New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Independence Day (4th of July), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- 1 week paid vacation
For more information, please contact Greg Essenmacher at firstname.lastname@example.org