First Congregational UCC of Albuquerque
Leaving home to attend a post-high school educational institution is exciting and at times stressful. First Congregational UCC of Albuquerque is willing to provide support to members of UCC congregations in the SW Conference who are leaving home and coming to Albuquerque to further their education and skills.
>>The Flyer can be found here<< [PDF]
Phoenix Marshallese Ministry UCC
Congratulations to Phoenix Marshallese Ministry UCC in it's filing of documents to incorporate!
Duet: Partners In Health & Aging
Be Cool This Summer
Summertime in Arizona is hot, hot, hot-but we have a way for you to feel "cool"! For a refreshing boost, give your gift of time. The Southwest Conference partners with Duet. This interfaith nonprofit pairs caring people (like you!) with isolated elders who yearn for visitors, or who need rides to doctors or help with grocery shopping, paperwork, home repairs, or learning to use computers. Volunteers also give respite to caregivers.
To be part of this can-do network of care, attend an orientation on Thursday, July 14 from 4 - 6:30 p.m. at Church of the Beatitudes, 555 W. Glendale Avenue, Phoenix 85021. See www.duetaz.org for other dates/locations or call 602-274-5022 to RSVP. Thank you for sharing your compassion - it's what the cool folks do!
Rincon Congregational Church - Position Available: Assistant Minister
Assistant Minister Position Opening
Beginning: September 1 - August 31, 2017
Rincon Congregational United Church of Christ is searching for a dynamic, self-motivated, and experienced ministry team member whose main focus will be Faith Developmentwith children, youth, and families and Community Outreach.
Hours: Flexible position according to the needs of the church and availability of the Assistant Minister. Estimate 15-25 Hours a Week, with the total not to exceed 1,040 hours in twelve months
Assistant Minister Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with the Senior Pastor to direct faith development activities and programs for children, youth, and families.
- Supervises and provides professional development for early childhood development staff.
- Supports and providesleadership development of Volunteer children and youth leaders.
- Plans and coordinates confirmation class and Vacation Church School.
- Works collaboratively with Sr. Pastor, Justice and Witness, and Faith Development Ministry teams to establish seasonal and year-long goals and strategies for achieving them.
- Develops and implements strategies for evangelism that support present and future member families and encourages people of all ages to join the church.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with Rincon members and friends, neighbors, ministry partners, ecumenical and interfaith partners.
- Preaches, facilitates workshops, small group, and intergenerational mission and fellowship activities, and community outreach.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Master's degree in divinity, theology or related area of study preferred.
- Knowledge and leadership experience in Progressive Christian community.
- Ability to articulate Progressive Christian theology and inspire others to articulate and act on their own faith.
- Knowledge and experience of ministry with children, youth, and families and relevant local and global justice issues as they relate to the Christian Faith.
- Familiarity with non-profits and potential faith community partners.
- Excellent communication, leadership, people skills and team orientation.
- Good professional and personal boundaries.
Send letter of interest and resume to Office@rinconucc.org
Desert Palm UCC - Position Available: Church Musician
Desert Palm is a LGBTQI-friendly progressive faith community affiliated with the United Church of Christ. We are an eclectic congregation positioned on the threshold of tradition and innovation. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with traditional church music and choral direction, while being open to more contemporary styles. There is some flexibility as to the job description depending on the particular skill-set of a given candidate.
We are currently in transition following the retirement of our Minister of Music who had served the church for 30 years. Traditionally the position has involved playing the organ and directing three choirs (a children's choir, an adult choir, and a bell choir), as well as coordinating special music around the holidays. If you have experience with church music or have a musical background and a deep connection to your own spirituality, we encourage you to submit a resume to our Senior Minister, Rev. Tom Martinez. Please put "Music Search" in the subject heading of any email correspondence pertaining to the position.
It is likely that we will first fill the position(s) on an interim basis, making a final decision once the Search Committee has had time to conduct a thorough search.
To apply or for more information contact:
Rev. Tom Martinez
Church Office: 480-831-0065
Mailed material can be sent to:
Desert Palm Church
Attn: Rev. Tom Martinez
1230 E Guadalupe Rd